The Belle Meade Schoolhouse
.....a magical place for weddings, workshops, and other events.....
The Belle Meade Schoolhouse was originally constructed in 1914. In the 1950s county schools were consolidated, and the children and teachers moved to the new buildings on highway 211. For over forty years our building sat empty except for apple crates, a snapshot in time.
In 1998 we acquired the schoolhouse and its acre lot, rejoining the land that had been split off from the farm for 80 years. We have moved the building back from the road, elevated it one story, renovated the classrooms, and installed a modern kitchen and bathrooms.
During all this work, we have honored the wonderful spirit of the schoolhouse. The new ground floor offers a versatile, large room (24 x 44), another room, a commercial kitchen, and two large bathrooms. Both rooms open to patios and the surrounding grounds.